|Posted by Joan Edwards on July 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM|
Visit (limited numbers) to the Old Bailey February 23rd.
During the mayoral year, the Mayor’s duties include:
• representing all residents of the borough at official events
• receiving members of the Royal Family during official visits to the borough
• chairing council meetings
• “sealing” – signing all important council documents
• being the Borough’s ambassador abroad, in connection with town twinning and welcoming representatives from the Borough’s twinned towns.